Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rainey Creek, Square Ice Cream in Swan Valley


We lived in Ririe for a little while before we moved to Idaho Falls and people that weren't even from around here would always ask if I had been to Swan Valley for the square ice cream cones. The week we moved from Ririe was my first time and last weekend my husband and I went back with some of his siblings.

The square ice cream is inside a gas station at the split between going to Jackson or going to Driggs, just look for a sign like this and lots of cars.
They have such fun flavor choices I had a birthday cake kind- which doesn't taste like usual cake batter ice cream, it tasted like cake and had pieces of yellow cake mixed in it. It was so good, I also had huckleberry. My husband's two flavors look the same but one is a Rainey Creek Mudslide which had caramel, and some nuts in it and brownie nut.
The prices are as follows:
Single Regular Cone: $2.50
Double Regular Cone: $3.50
Single Waffle Cone: $3.25
Double Waffle Cone: $4.00
Float with root beer, sarsaparilla, or huckleberry soda: $4.75

You can buy huckleberry soda there and I love it. They have a record of people served on holiday weekends and it was tons so I think it would be pretty crazy to go on a holiday. Also, my husband had trouble keepings his top layer from falling off so watch out for that on hot days.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunate ending to a great tradition.Unfortunately due to being completely disrespected me and my family will not return for square ice cream . the lady working on 1/19/2014 at 5:30 or 6 was so rude and disrespectful to me and my children. People like her should not be allowed to work with the public. We did not buy any ice cream that night and we will not be returning. I do plan on telling everyone i know . I m hoping my post will open the eyes of the owners about some of their employees. Unfortunately the customers and not being treated very well.

    ReplyDelete